Pace of Play
In order to improve Pace of Play and make it enjoyable for all golfers, please adhere to the following:
- Keep pace with the group in front of you!
- Always play ready golf.
- Record scores at the next tee.
- Limit time for searching for lost balls to 2-3 minutes.
- If there is doubt that a tee-shot is lost or out of bounds, please play a provisional ball. If ball is not found within 2-3 minutes, please proceed to provisional ball.
- Players assistants may, during the course of a round, ask a group to speed their pace of play. All groups will be given one warning for slow play, after which corrective action will be taken and may include, but not limited to, changing tees being played, skipping holes to regain position, or in extreme cases be removed from course. All cases of moving holes or removal from the golf course will be at the sole discretion of the Golf Professional in charge at the time, and rain checks will not be given to groups for holes missed under these circumstances.
- Rio Hondo is a soft spike facility - NO metal spikes allowed.
- Collared Golf Shirts are preferred.
- Denim is allowed
- All men’s shirts must have sleeves and must be worn at all times plus no cutoffs or tanks. Ladies may wear sleeveless golf shirts.
- Hats are to be worn with bill in front.
- NO FIVESOMES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
- Rio Hondo does allow the use of speakers during your round, but must be kept at a level as to not disturb other golfers or homeowners.
- Outside Food & Beverage not allowed.
- Rain Checks are not given out for any circumstances.